About Me

My photo
Northern Indiana, United States
I am, among many other things, wife to Gil Jr., mom to Samuel-9 and Evelyn-6. Homeschooler. Also an avid reader, music enthusiast, and wanna be green thumb.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Think I Was Just Over-Medicated

For the past year I have been, what I would consider for me, highly medicated.  It needs to be said that 2 out of the 4 meds I am taking are actually over-the-counter medications.  I take one for <gasp> depression, a prescription nasal spray, an allergy med, and a prescription sleep aid.  Of the 4, I would say, maybe 2 are doing their job.  I have been feeling pretty good for the most part, except for the fact that I am SO GROGGY most of the time.  This is no good for me.  No housework was getting done, I was taking naps like 2 times a day, not because I had the time for them, but because I couldn't keep my eyes open!  I mean, I could literally fall asleep sitting up.  If you know me, you know this is NOT normal. 
I kept complaining to the Dr. that it was the over-the-counter allergy med that was dragging me down.  He swore up and down that this wasn't the case.  Well, 3 days ago I ran out of said allergy med and never got out to buy a refill.  I decided to take a leftover bottle of my sons that we weren't using anymore.  I have felt no grogginess whatsoever in these 3 days.  I am ecstatic!  I woke up at 8:30 this morning, and haven't stopped since.  I haven't even felt like taking a nap.  This is a BIG deal.  The kids keep asking, as much as I hate to admit it, "Mommy, aren't you going back to bed?"  My kids even noticed how absent I have been (sad face).
 The good news is that I am on the upswing.  It's not to say that I will never again take a nap, but I don't feel like I need one right now, and that is all that matters.  I am doing laundry, catching up on what I left lay for so long.  The bathrooms need cleaned, but there is always tomorrow.  I think that goes to show me that I am the person who knows my body the best, and when I tell the Dr. I am sinking in quicksand, he needs to take me at my word dammit

No comments: