About Me

My photo
Northern Indiana, United States
I am, among many other things, wife to Gil Jr., mom to Samuel-9 and Evelyn-6. Homeschooler. Also an avid reader, music enthusiast, and wanna be green thumb.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baseball Season: Take 2

Here we are two weeks into baseball season and we have played one, yes count 'em, one game and had three or so practices.  This is not a good thing.  Somehow every year the season is supposed to start in late April and carry over into mid June.  I don't think Mother Nature got the memo.  We struggle to get ourselves ready by selecting our players, calling the parent's to touch base, getting practices together, handing out uniforms, and buying numerous necessities.  Hopefully all this leads us to start the season relaxed and prepared to have fun, this is NEVER the case.  After we have cancelled numerous practices, and rescheduled the first half of our season, we usually just end up wishing it was all over and done with.  Seems to kind of defeat the whole purpose of playing sports for fun you would guess, and you would be right!  I love to watch my son play ball, and when the conditions are right, it is pretty fun.  Most of the time, until about half way through May, we end up sitting with umbrellas in hand, waiting for the coaches to decide whether to give the game a shot, or to pack it up and head home.  Today started out a bit shaky, but the weather seems to be improving as I write this.  Miracle of miracles, the sun is actually shining right now.  We may finally get to play a game tonight- all the way to the end.  This brings about my other problem.  I thought it was going to rain, so I didn't get the team snack.  Now I will be going out with both kids after school to pick up something for 11 boys and girls to share after their (hopefully) first VICTORY.....Play Ball!

No comments: