About Me

My photo
Northern Indiana, United States
I am, among many other things, wife to Gil Jr., mom to Samuel-9 and Evelyn-6. Homeschooler. Also an avid reader, music enthusiast, and wanna be green thumb.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Let It Snow!

Today in Northern Indiana we were waylaid by our first blanket of the white stuff. I, unlike most, am thrilled by this. Every year I pray for a beautiful, white month of December. Most of this month is usually damp, dreary, and depressing- I would much rather it be pretty, white, and bright. It's much better for the morale, in my opinion. I, however, know that I am in the minority with this view. I LOVE snow! December and January should be cold and covered in snow- after January, it can all GO AWAY! I realize I am a SAHM, and that I am not required to leave the house, so this contributes to my joy as a result of the flakes that melt. As a child I had such a euphoric feeling when I heard or saw my schools name listed in the delays or cancellations. I remember feeling like this break in the daily schedule was enough to keep me going for the rest of the season- the same holds true for me today. I guess it's that holding on to the childhood excitement of the first snow that reminds me that there are still some things in life that remain full of wonder. Kind of helps you forget all those adult things we deal with on a daily basis like bills, laundry, cleaning, and whatnot, and reminds us to just sit in awe of mother nature's ability to blanket the land with beauty. I am thankful for this childlike view of snow that I cling to every winter. And those of you that don't enjoy it, please don't spoil it for the rest of us- give us this one happiness, at least until the end of January.

No comments: