About Me

My photo
Northern Indiana, United States
I am, among many other things, wife to Gil Jr., mom to Samuel-9 and Evelyn-6. Homeschooler. Also an avid reader, music enthusiast, and wanna be green thumb.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday, not so Funday

Sunday is not my favorite day of the week.  It has always felt, to me, like a catch-up day.  Catch- up on the laundry, catch- up on the cleaning, cooking, yard work, etc.  To my husband, it has always been a sit on the couch and not move day.  To the kids, it's just another day.  When I used to work outside the home, it was the day before my return to the grind, usually spent whining about how much I didn't want to go back the next day.  These days I don't have that same sense of dread. I would now call it just plain old boring.  I'm not sure what I expect it to hold for me.  Something fun to top off the week and usher in the new.  Monday through Wednesday are usually school days solely.  Thursday and Friday are our "busy" days.  We have library activities, field trips, Girl Scouts, and grocery these days.  We don't have much time for TV, until the evening these days.  Watching the boob tube all day is not my idea of a good time.  In my husbands defense, this is the way he winds down, after having usually worked 6 days in a row.  I understand this need to veg, but it makes my mind numb.  I can only stand so much of it.  Weekdays when we home school, the TV isn't even turned on, unless I allow some Wii play after the school day is done, and I revel in the silence.  I don't miss it at all.  Today my husband is at his parents house with my youngest, helping install a deadbolt- on his only day off, and he has been gone 4 or so hours.  So, here I am, spending my Sunday watching, on a TV, my eldest play Zelda on the Nintendo 64.  It is pretty quiet though, without my youngest here, so there's that for excitement, I guess.

1 comment:

Kızlık zarı said...

Learn latest facebook, Google + Twitter, Digg, Orkut, Gmail, Yahoo, Youtube, tips with best guidance.Best facebook tips website online for help.i will guide you for the best facebook tips and other on line tips and tricks
Kızlık zarı
Genital estetik